Packaging Error

Hey Guys,

I have a Problem with the packaging for Windows. I tried a lot of stuff that was posted here because of those Errors, but nothing worked.
When I package the game i get this error:

UE4Editor-Cmd: Execution of commandlet took: 19.93 seconds
UE4Editor-Cmd: [2014.05.05-23.06.31:402][ 0]LogPhysics:Warning: PHYSX: …..\PhysX\src\NpScene.cpp (2861) 8 : PxScene::unlockWrite() called without matching call to PxScene::lockWrite(), behaviour will be undefined.
CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 25,5854634s to run UE4Editor-Cmd.exe
Project.Cook: Cook failed. Deleting cooked data.
BuildCommand.Execute: BUILD FAILED
Program.Main: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
Program.Main: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: BUILD FAILED: Failed while running Cook for C:\Users\Tobias\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject2\MyProject2.uproject; see log C:\Users\Tobias\Documents\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Unreal+Engine+4.0\Cook.txt
Stacktrace: bei Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params)
bei BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
bei BuildCommand.Execute()
bei AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary1 Commands)
bei AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
bei AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
bei AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(MainProc Main, Object Param)
bei AutomationTool.Program.Main()
Program.Main: BUILD FAILED: Failed while running Cook for C:\Users\Tobias\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject2\MyProject2.uproject; see log C:\Users\Tobias\Documents\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Unreal+Engine+4.0\Cook.txt

(when i open and package a Default map it works)
can anybody help me?
looking forward
Thanks!

As the error message says in the end, detailed clues might be found in C:\Users\Tobias\Documents\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Unreal+Engine+4.0\Cook.txt

Could you please attach or post the contents of that file? Thanks!

this is the attachment of the cook file

hope it will help to find the reason.

Thanks for your quick answer.

The cooker log indicates that it is choking on some of your materials, because they have an umlaut in their package name. Something in the Engine is wrongly converting these characters to a ‘?’, which is not a valid character in package names. This is likely a bug - I will file a bug report.

The affected assets are “Müllxxxxx” and “müllxxxxx”. As a temporary fix, please try to rename these assets so their names do not contain an umlaut.

For tracking purposes, I filed TTP# 334633. We will try to look into this for the 4.2 release.

Could you please also attach one of the affected .uasset files so we can repro the issue here if needed? thanks!

I tried to rename this files, but I´m sure that I deleted this files for a few days. So i can´t find this MüllXXXX files in the textures folder or materials folder etc. When I scan my entire PC there is no file named like this. How can I rename or delete this file completely so the unreal engine will be fine with this problem?

And some meshes I made with Autodesk 3d´s Max. I exported this files as FBX 2014 files from 3d´s Max, but they have lightning problems and also no collisions when i import this files to UE4.

We looked at the log file in more detail and tried to repro the issue, but were unable to. Umlaute are in fact supported by both the Editor and the cooker.

It seems that somewhere in your workflow the name of the asset file on disk may have been changed to replace the umlaut with a ‘?’ character. I understand that you no longer have this file, but if you run into it again, please let us know.

Is it possible that some other tool renamed the asset prior to importing into the Editor?

Ok Thank you very much for this. Now it works! I only use 3ds Max in combination with UE4.

Ok, great. Let us know if you ever run into this again. Our QA department did more tests today and were unable to repro it. That doesn’t mean that there isn’t a bug lurking somewhere anyway. We closed this out as ‘unable to reproduce’ for now. Thanks!