Packaging Error - Unknown Error

Hi there! I’ve been trying to package a preview build of my game to send to some friends to make sure the online front of things are working smoothly for a much bigger test down the road, and yet I can’t seen to move from step one… Which is packaging. For some reason, no matter what I try, I always end up with “Error: Launch Failed! Unknown Error” and I have already tried copying the marketplace plugins into the main project folder and it just told me in packaging that the copied plugins were just duplicates and caused more errors. Here is the full log that I get when I try to package the game:

LogUObjectHash: Compacting FUObjectHashTables data took 0.49ms
LogPlayLevel: Launcher Device ID: Windows@DOOMMAKER
LogPlayLevel: PlayLevel: No blueprints needed recompiling
LogLauncherProfile: Unable to find any targets for platform Windows - forcing build
LogPlayLevel: UAT: Running AutomationTool…
LogPlayLevel: UAT: Using bundled DotNet SDK version: 6.0.302
LogPlayLevel: UAT: Starting AutomationTool…
LogPlayLevel: UAT: Parsing command line: -ScriptsForProject=“E:/Unreal Projects/EclipsedDesolation_M/EclipsedDesolation_M.uproject” BuildCookRun -project=“E:/Unreal Projects/EclipsedDesolation_M/EclipsedDesolation_M.uproject” -noP4 -clientconfig=Development -serverconfig=Development -nocompile -nocompileeditor -installed -unrealexe=“E:\Epic Games\UE_5.2\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEditor-Cmd.exe” -utf8output -platform=Win64 -build -cook -map=/Game/EDMultiplayer/Maps/ED_Cin1_Auto5+/Game/EDMultiplayer/Maps/ED_Cin1_Auto5 -CookCultures=en -unversionedcookedcontent -stage -deploy -cmdline=“/Game/ED
Multiplayer/Maps/ED_Cin1_Auto5 -Messaging” -device=Windows@DOOMMAKER -addcmdline="-SessionId=F968CA6943C0B863A6A3598D356A05C9 -SessionOwner=‘szami’ -SessionName=‘Launch On Device’ " -run
LogPlayLevel: UAT: Initializing script modules…
LogPlayLevel: UAT: Total script module initialization time: 0.16 s.
LogPlayLevel: UAT: Executing commands…
LogPlayLevel: UAT: Setting up ProjectParams for E:\Unreal Projects\EclipsedDesolation_M\EclipsedDesolation_M.uproject
LogPlayLevel: UAT: EclipsedDesolation_M.uproject requires a temporary target.cs to be generated (USDImporter plugin is enabled)
LogPlayLevel: UAT: ********** BUILD COMMAND STARTED **********
LogPlayLevel: UAT: Running: E:\Epic Games\UE_5.2\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\DotNet\6.0.302\windows\dotnet.exe “E:\Epic Games\UE_5.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.dll” EclipsedDesolation_M Win64 Development -Project=“E:\Unreal Projects\EclipsedDesolation_M\EclipsedDesolation_M.uproject” “E:\Unreal Projects\EclipsedDesolation_M\EclipsedDesolation_M.uproject” -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini=“E:\Unreal Projects\EclipsedDesolation_M” -skipdeploy -Manifest=“E:\Unreal Projects\EclipsedDesolation_M\Intermediate\Build\Manifest.xml” -NoHotReload -log=“C:\Users\szami\AppData\Roami
ng\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\E+Epic+Games+UE_5.2\UBT-EclipsedDesolation_M-Win64-Development.txt”
LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Launch Task, Time: 2.257243
LogPlayLevel: UAT: Log file: C:\Users\szami\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\E+Epic+Games+UE_5.2\UBT-EclipsedDesolation_M-Win64-Development.txt
LogPlayLevel: UAT: Visual Studio 2022 x64 must be installed in order to build this target.
LogPlayLevel: UAT: Took 0.5477166s to run dotnet.exe, ExitCode=6
LogPlayLevel: UAT: UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\szami\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\E+Epic+Games+UE_5.2\UBT-EclipsedDesolation_M-Win64-Development.txt)
LogPlayLevel: UAT: AutomationTool executed for 0h 0m 2s
LogPlayLevel: UAT: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=6 (6)
LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Build Task, Time: 0.000029
LogPlayLevel: UAT: BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults: Error: Launch failed! Unknown Error

If anyone could point me in the right direction and maybe give me some ideas on where to look or what to do that would be amazing!

look at this error

LogPlayLevel: UAT: Visual Studio 2022 x64 must be installed in order to build this target.

do you have it installed?

1 Like

Yep, that resolved it! Just had to install it and everything went through! Thank you!

1 Like