Packaging error please help

Ok I recreated the problem and have a solution that might work for you.

Here are the images below. I had this issue earlier and this solved the problem. With every major update some new things may be added that change your environment I noticed. It’s just a matter of narrowing it down and finding the solution.

Just a game I’m working on
https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?6759-Simple-Side-Scroller-Game&highlight=simple+side+scroller

That did not help. Again error. Please take a look at the error log below. I hope someone can troubleshoot with it:

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows): Running AutomationTool...
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows): path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Files\cpp\bin\Intel64;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\OptiTex 11\App;C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Backburner\;"
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows): Unhandled Exception: 
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows): System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UnrealBuildTool, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows):    at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows): copying UAT log files...
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows): BUILD FAILED

Wait a sec… Do I need visual studio installed in order to package a project?

I have Visual Studio installed but I don’t actually use it for coding. I work with blueprints. Try installing Visual Studio.

I’m using a pre compiled version of the engine. Also I don’t know anything about visual studio as I’m not a programmer.

I have the visual studio 2010 express installer cd. Will it work? or I have to download the latest version?

I just downloaded the free version. ://www.microsoft/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40787

I am also Facing the same issue with project build

unable to build template project

here is the error I get

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 16.2439291s to run UE4Editor-Cmd.exe
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Cook: Cook failed. Deleting cooked data.
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: BUILD FAILED: Failed while running Cook for C:\Users\DeepBlue\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyTestVehicle\MyTestVehicle.uproject; see log C:\Users\DeepBlue\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\Automation
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Tool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Unreal+Engine+4.3\Cook.txt
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Stacktrace:    at Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    at BuildCommand.Execute()
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String] CommandLine)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(MainProc Main, Object Param)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: BUILD FAILED: Failed while running Cook for C:\Users\DeepBlue\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyTestVehicle\MyTestVehicle.uproject; see log C:\Users\DeepBlue\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Unreal+Engine+4.3
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): \Cook.txt
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Domain_ProcessExit
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): copying UAT log files...
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED   

Here is no one to look at the logs. Everyone posts links to some solutions but no one looks at the logs which can say what the really problem is. :frowning:

Hi Sohan,

Can you post this on the AnswerHub in the Packaging and Deployment section?

Thank you!

hey
what else you want with the post in answerHUB ??
(complete log + anything else ? )

Post the log along with the link to this thread. The more details you can provide the easier it will be to look into the problem. Make sure to list things you’ve tried and where the hangups are happening.

Thanks!

I have the same prob but it werks wen I try a template (rolling ball)