Packaging Configuration

I have integrated the Steam API with my project and I had to add the actual API to the include directories of my DebugGame_Editor Configuration as well as the library directory, but now I have gotten to packaging my game and I am getting an error:

> Cannot open include file: ‘steam/steam_api.h’: No such file or directory.

I assume that the configuration that it is using to package the game is missing those include directories and the library directory. Which configuration does UE4 use when packaging a game for Win64? There are like 40, and I don’t want to try each and every one.

Engine Version: 4.7.6 from source

I have gone through all configurations in the configuration manager in Visual Studio and added the two directories to the include and library sections of both Win32 and x64 in all of them (except the ones that say Mac or IOS), but no dice. It still throws that error message when it is trying to build ProjectName.generated.cpp

I’m not sure what to try next.

Have you tried using this instead? Steam Setup Utility

The only other advice is to checks these:

I tried that, but it didn’t work for me; it actually created more errors :stuck_out_tongue:

However, I was able to fix the problem by including the files with an absolute URL, rather than a relative one.

LOL … sorry about that.

Glad you came right … good luck with your project. 8-}