Packaged Winx64 version of ARKit Face Demo, doesn't receive Live Link Face Data from iPhone app, but works just fine in editor

Hey I got the Face AR Sample working in editor, but when I package to windows x64 the live link features no longer connects to my iPhone XI using the Live Link Face App.

Tried removing ARKit session nodes, this example shouldn’t need that because it is not running ARkit on windows, just receiving data from the ip address. no succes.

Tried adding -messaging to windows shortcut and as a level blueprint, no success.

Tried adding Live Link preset, no success.

Tried changing the Live Link Editor Plugin Module type from “editor” to “developer” and “runtime”, no success.

Tried changing packaged platform type, (default was iOS, changed to winx64), no success.

Tried Fixing random stuff that wasn’t needed in misc blueprints which produced errors and warnings, no success.

Tried, Running in 4.26, no success.

I Realize Live Link is primarily designed for live performance capture in editor, but I’m looking to make a standalone program people can download and use while live streaming to youtube or the like. And the app needs to be able to run without the editor in a standalone format while the facial capture still gets detected from the iphone.

Thanks for any help!

I am trying something similar and not having much luck.

Following this tutorial helped me understand a lot more of what is going on. I haven’t gotten to where the point that is needed to do livestream yet though.

Let me know if you get any closer.

Thanks! So far I havn’t gotten closer, I fear its a part of the design that live link is coded for the engine and not for anything beyond that right now. I hope I’m wrong.

Hey guys - did you ever make any progress with this? Trying the same thing with no success yet

I am running into the same issue as well.

I was thinking of a workaround by running in PIE mode but I could not make the PIE to run in a borderless mode.