I have run into a really unusual issue, I will try and outline it as simply as I can below:
- I Packaged our game, cooked/built and the package ran properly
- Uploaded to steam and works fine
- New Build/package, compiles, runs standalone and builds successfully
- New Package crashes on opening with only “Fatal Error”
- Upload this to Steam and it also runs ok when downloaded via steam on other computers
- Restored backup of stage 1 above
- Stage 1 packaged game now crashes with a Fatal error on my machine despite previously running without any problems.
- New Clean Project (TP) Also packages and runs
- Dev build also runs ok
I have eliminated any warnings when packaging, flushed all the project files, flushed the App Local folders etc and it still happens and I cannot fathom whats going on.
As I said even previously packaged builds that ran fine locally no longer do.
If anyone has any insight its driving me crazy!