Packaged Project has missing VCRUNTIME140_1.dll

I package my projects with the ue4-4.24.2 source build and on my PC it runs perfectly fine… On my laptop it returns tis missing the VCRUNTIME140_1.dll file to execute the code. Which is confusing because when i use the version from the Epic games launcher and not the source compiled version it works perfectly fine.

I’ve tried to get all the necessary visual c++ redistributables up and running but this doesnt fix the error.
UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe and _x86.exe are also on the pc in hope of getting it to work.
I am trying to package a blank project to test if it even starts.

Am i missing some kind of option for source compiled versions or is this just a known bug?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad english.

I am having the same problem with TwinMotion 2020 download. It won’t run because of this error? I saw on another thread that they downloaded the 2017 version of Visual Studio and that sorted it out, but it didn’t work for me. Did you find an answer to this?

I am having the same problem with TwinMotion 2020 download. It won’t run because of this error? I saw on another thread that they downloaded the 2017 version of Visual Studio and that sorted it out, but it didn’t work for me. Did you find an answer to this?

I found a workaround for my problem… It’s not very professional but it works. I downloaded the dll file from a website and simply put it in the root folder of the program. For me it was the WindowsNoEditor folder. Hope that works for you…

You should re install Visual Studio. Your VS must “match” your UE version. Follow this link: Setting Up Visual Studio for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine Documentation

I found a work around for the problem.

Simply go to a website where you can download .dll files and download the VCRUNTIME140_1.dll file. Put it into your folder of your packaged game and the problem should be gone.

uninstall all MS C++ runtime libraries of the system
restart Windows
install the MS C++ 2015 runtime library x64 (see above)