Firstly sorry for the [urgent] tag - I’m just trying to deploy an update for my game and running across an issue.
I’ve packaged my game and the default level loads correctly, however when I load the starting map, the game crashes. I presume the issue is with loading the level, but I can’t be sure.
- I always migrate the core game content to a new project and then package that version. This way everything is clean. I do this by migrating the map and it takes with it all the depending content to the new project.
- I have gone through and checked for errors on the packaging logs and there doesn’t seem to be any red errors. Just some yellow warning (a lot of which I have resolved).
- Something strange did happen where the first package attempt failed. It was related to a folder called Blueprints > FBXImporter. This folder was not there in my source project and seems to have been created by unreal engine when I migrated the content. In this folder there is a blueprint called BP_Sceneroot that had this compile error.
The only way I could package the game was by breaking the red connection. I’m not sure if this is related but I thought I would add anyway, since I found it strange that this folder had been added (not by me).
Once I disconnect ‘self’ (existential crisis) the game packaged. But now I have the issue where I can get to the main menu, but the game crashes to desktop when loading the main level.
Here is my crash dump - I’m afraid I couldn’t make much sense of it.
Dump Summary ------------ Dump File: UE4Minidump.dmp : C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\GAME\Saved\Crashes\UE4CC-Windows-2DC326F4496E97DF243FA1B0C85B652D_0000\UE4Minidump.dmp Last Write Time: 10/03/2019 18:59:08 Process Name: GAME-Win32-Shipping.exe : f:\GAME\Packaged\PT\WindowsNoEditor\GAME\Binaries\Win32\GAME-Win32-Shipping.exe Process Architecture: x86 Exception Code: 0xC0000005 Exception Information: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access. Heap Information: Not Present System Information ------------------ OS Version: 10.0.17134 CLR Version(s): Modules ------- Module Name Module Path Module Version ----------- ----------- -------------- GAME-Win32-Shipping.exe f:\GAME\Packaged\PT\WindowsNoEditor\GAME\Binaries\Win32\GAME-Win32-Shipping.exe 220.127.116.11
I don’t want to spam with the rest of the log, but I’m happy to attach if you guys need it.
- I have tried to check for map errors, and there are none.
- I have made sure that all relevant plugins are active (from last build that worked)
- other maps in the game works, its just this specific map that is having issues
- I’m looking for some guidance on how to resolve this.
- I’m also looking just for guidance on how I can debug this error. I can’t seem to figure out how to get relevant logs from the crash.
Thanks in advance,