Packaged build crash - Missing global shader?

Hello, my packaged build (Win64) is crashing at startup. The project I have for the moment is very minimal, but working fine in the editor. I have not modified the engine or have any C++ classes.

I have tried packaging 2 different clean template projects and everything worked. I have also tried a Full Rebuild and included all Content.

Here’s the callstack:

MachineId:3284F46A4E3704A75AA7C5A5DB532BDD
EpicAccountId:133f7f3bc3d94fbbaae30a9bf538c100

Fatal error: [File:F:\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\GlobalShader.cpp] [Line: 339] 
Missing global shader FPixelShaderDeclaration, Please make sure cooking was successful.

UE4Game!FDebug::AssertFailed() [f:\documents\github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:332]
UE4Game!VerifyGlobalShaders() [f:\documents\github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\globalshader.cpp:342]
UE4Game!GetGlobalShaderMap() [f:\documents\github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\globalshader.cpp:632]
UE4Game!FEngineLoop::PreInit() [f:\documents\github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:1539]
UE4Game!GuardedMain() [f:\documents\github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:113]
UE4Game!GuardedMainWrapper() [f:\documents\github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
UE4Game!WinMain() [f:\documents\github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:202]
UE4Game!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264]
kernel32
ntdll

And here’s the crash log

Any idea?
Thanks in advance!

Update: I’ve downloaded the official 4.14.1 version and managed to successfully packaged my project. I still don’t know why it’s not working with the Github Master branch so I would appreciate any clue that someone might have.

Hello CapitaineStar,

I would suggest continuing to use the 4.14.1 version. The Master branch is the latest build available and will never be fit for developing on as it has not been fully QA tested. If you wish to develop, I would suggest sticking with a released version of the engine as we cannot guarantee stability of any sort on a Master branch build.

As far as the issue itself, it seems that you may need to check the cooking logs as it’s alluding to something going wrong in the cooking process.

Hi Matthew, thanks for the added information.

I was hoping to use the Master branch for my project since I want to stay as up to date as possible and I have a painfully slow internet (faster to sync from Github than get a new version).

I have checked the cooking logs and see no errors or warnings so I still don’t know what caused my problem.

Anyway, I will probably do as you suggest and use the official version from now on. Cheers!