Packaged Android Game Has a Random Texture

I was planning on doing some testing for my game, packaged and signed (maybe? the docs on this are not the best) the app. Installed the apk via adb. In game menus work as they do in PIE. When I load my test map, I get a very strange texture that I do not believe even exists in the project.

I tried both the ATC package and the ALL package types for my Samsung Galaxy S8+. Having a friend test on his Google Pixel 2 tomorrow or the next day.

In the mean time, can someone explain what the heck is going on? It looks like the camera is displaying a billboard or something directly in front of the camera blocking the world. Incredibly confused and I have no idea how to even google something like this. I tried for a few hours last night and came up with squat.

I am trying to figure out the exact same issue right now… Not sure how or why this texture appears, but this post is the closest I’ve come to finding anything about it. Did you manage to solve the issue? If so, I would be very interested in knowing what you did to solve it :slight_smile:

I’m sorry, but I was never able to figure it out. I abandoned the project due to this issue. The game was pretty much only mobile/touch screen compatible and I could not for the life of me figure this out.

I find it very interesting that the textures we both see are identical (although yours look to be a bit “stretched”). Definitely something to do with the editor or something it packages by default or potentially an asset that we both coincidentally used.

If you manage to figure this out I would love to hear what your fix is.

Good luck and sorry again. :frowning:

I have the same issue… Anyone figured it out yet?

Hi, I know it’s been a while, but I had this same issue, and I fixed it by unchecking the Mobile HDR in the project settings. Hope this helps someone down the road!

1 Like

Greetings @BrunoChiroleu1 !

We’re so stoked to have you join the Unreal Engine community! We see this is your first post in our forums! :medal_sports:

We love to see members discover solutions and share them with others! Thank you so much for your contribution to this post, and thank you for being such an important part of our growing community! You make us strong! :muscle:t4: