Package size is too big

The size of my content folder is 100 mb but size of apk is 153 mb I want this to come to 50 mb . Is that possible . And can I reduce the size of apk . ??

The only way is the optimization of the assets and ensure only essential items are being packaged.

You can use UNREALPAK.EXE to list what’s in your PAK file. Check there’s not extra stuff in there. Other than that, it’s just stuff like reducing texture sizes and so on.

Where I will find this file !!

Everytime I am packaging the mobile game I go and follow these steps: Testing and Optimizing Your Content | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation
You don’t have to do all of them but at least the first two. You cant spot difference but you will see a huge improvement in the size of your app :slight_smile:

I followed this but still size is 150 mb :frowning:

Check this out:

Yeah, I had the same problem. Here is what you should do:

1. Delete every single file you don’t use. (Mesh, example maps, materials…)
  2. If you use some sounds go to reduce audio size and reupload it.
  3. Disable plugins you don’t use
  4. Package game inside your APK (But after packaging make sure that both apk files has below 100MB if not you need to reduce size even more)

Here are some videos I followed:

Best of luck :slight_smile:

I followed this but still size is 150 mb :frowning:

Take a look at the packaged project with spacesniffer:

http://www.uderzo.it/main_products/space_sniffer/

I will try :slight_smile:

I’m not be able to reduce size for apk . So should I package for app bundle (aab)

Afraid I don’t know about that…

Thank you everyone for your help and I’m able to reduce my apk size. My final apk size is 75 mb. Im able to reduce this much size by reducing texture resolution of all textures :slight_smile: