Download

Package Project problem need help

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: No 32-bit compiler toolchain found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\cl.exe

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: AutomationTool.CommandUtils+CommandFailedException: Command failed (Result:5): C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.17\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe MyProject Win64 Development -Project=“C:\Users\lukaa\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\MyProject
.uproject” “C:\Users\lukaa\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\MyProject.uproject” -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini=“C:\Users\lukaa\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject” -skipdeploy -noxge -NoHotReload -ignorejunk. See logfile for details: ‘UnrealBuildTool-2017.10.02-20.31.02.txt’

DOnt know how to fix this plz help

Have you by any chance removed or re-installed visual studio to a different location? By that message it seems the tools it needs to build your package does not exist anymore at the location it expects.

Can you verify that “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\cl.exe” exists?

Also take a look into the log file produced in C:\Users\lukaa\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject* by the name of “UnrealBuildTool-2017.10.02-20.31.02.txt”, that may give you more insight of what is happening and why it was not able to build your project. It probably won’t hurt to post the contents of the log file here for further inspection.

Sorry I can’t give you better / exact file paths since i’m not at home right now and don’t have a proper installation in front of me.

Hope that helps!

Tnx for help i will see what i can do

Yeah i dont have that file cl.exe i done everything i dont know what to do anymore :confused:

I try to make new project with c++ cant make it what is going on

If that file does not exist there might be something wrong with your visual studio installation. Have you created a fresh c++ project and see if it is able to get packaged?

If that project also can’t be packaged I would say re-install your instance of visual studio, if it is able to package then there is something amiss with your current project. Was this project upgraded from a previous version by any chance?

No i used BP project but i try to make new for testing C++ project it cant

The project could not be compiled. Would you like to open it in Visual Studio?

Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.17/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe MyProject2 Development Win64 -project=“C:/Users/lukaa/Documents/Unreal Projects/MyProject2/MyProject2.uproject” -editorrecompile -progress -NoHotReloadFromIDE
Performing full C++ include scan (building a new target)
Creating makefile for MyProject2 (no existing makefile)
@progress push 5%
Parsing headers for MyProject2Editor
Running UnrealHeaderTool “C:\Users\lukaa\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject2\MyProject2.uproject” “C:\Users\lukaa\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject2\Intermediate\Build\Win64\MyProject2Editor\Development\MyProject2Editor.uhtmanifest” -LogCmds=“loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error” -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
Reflection code generated for MyProject2Editor in 15.3951322 seconds
@progress pop
ERROR: No 32-bit compiler toolchain found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\cl.exe

then i get window to open with VS i get this error

Could not edit the code editing IDE. C:/Users/lukaa/Documents/Unreal Projects/MyProject2/MyProject2.sln could not be found.

This was happening with a blue print project before? and it’s also happening with a fresh c++ project? I would suggest re-installing the engine pre-requisite redistributeables. If that still didn’t help I would suggest re-installing visual studio.

Re-installing visual studio from scratch can take quite some time, make sure to install all the c++ options in the visual studio installation, if I remember correctly the default only includes support for c#.

I tested new fresh BP project and packing it right away no errors ??? wtf

I modified VS 2015 and seen that c++ was not installed -_- now i did and its working

Glad that worked out, happy developing!