Package project for Windows creates no exe

I am trying to package a project, but I don’t get an exe.

I am using File->Windws->Windows 64. It generates the WindowsNoEditor folder just fine, but it only contains [ProjectName].uproject but no [ProjectName].exe, despite showing Package complete!.

The only exe I can find is in the Engine folder named “UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe”, which doesn’t seem to be the right one.

Thats wierd there should not be uproject in there you sure you looking in right directory? check the log to see everything gone well in your packaing

It says BUILD SUCCESSFUL. Looks fine in the log, no warning or errors and states a few times success. [PasteBin][1]


I’m having the same issue.

I got my project to create an exe.

I tried it with the project launcher and suddenly got errors which didn’t appear previously. Different versions of Bad name index -1/96. I am not 100% sure if that is the only thing I did, because I tried many different things. Bad name index turned out to be a problem with the capitalization of files (T_file renamed to T_File). I changed the file name to T_File2 and then to T_File, just change something that is not case related, and it should fix it. As to, how you find out which files may cause the Bad name index, I can’t really help you because at least I didn’t get any file names. Luckily my test project isn’t really big.

Yes this worked for me! Turns out I had to update visual studio.

I had the same problem, in my case helped setting Settings → Packaging → Project → Build to Always.

This fixed it for me, though my project launcher error was slightly different than OP (Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. )


This requires Visual Studio, just fyi.