Package Project Error in Unreal Engine ( 5.1 Source ). Fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x903743

I am trying to package my game. I Have build it in unreal engine 5.1 (editor) and then rebuilt it with Unreal Engine 5.1 from Source.

It packages perfectly in the editor version but I cannot package the game from the source build version which is essential for development.

I get the following main error:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): …\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealPak\Development\Core\Module.Core.10_of_20.cpp.obj : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x903743

I have tried building a default project (Third Person and Vehicle Templates and a Blank project) and I receive the same error. This error only occurs when trying to package a game from source. Editor versions all package perfectly.

According to Microsoft and Forums:
LNK1106 is indicated as an error that means:

1. Disk full.Free up some space and link again.

(It is not Full, I have 2tb free, and build from editor works)

1. Trying to link over a network.Some networks do not fully support the memory-mapped files used by the linker. Try linking on your local disk.

(It is a local build not built over a Network)

1. Bad block on your disk.Although the operating system and disk hardware should have detected such an error, you may want to run a disk-checking program.

(I have, not the issue. Disk is healthy)

1. Out of heap space.

(Potentially, I have tried increasing paging file size to 400gb, still no cigar, and the same project with same everything can package in editor version, HOW MIGHT SOURCE EFFECT THIS?)

Any help to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like