Package for multiple Gear VR headsets?

This is currently a test project that I am sending him as a development package. I am sending all files that come in the package (apk, bat, and obb).

The Android SDK settings should be setup properly because we have had a successful android development package install, it is only the gear vr 2 that we have not gotten to work. But it is worth him reinstalling or updating as well.

As for the Gear VR 2 setup and Samsung S6 setup. I believe he has followed the documentation up until installing UE4 and saving the Osig file in the engine folder because there is no engine folder because he has not downloaded UE4.

Otherwise, the only pre-reqs seem to be the Android SDK and the correct USB drivers for his phone (which again, I think he has because he has successfully installed the android only non-vr development package.)

Is there a way to check the bat file for what is required for him to have installed? Or a way to check his logs as to whats not being installed that must be?

Thanks,

Could you please make sure that your friend has plugged in the Android device and accepted the fingerprint of the computer on his device? Once he’s done that, install the application onto the device and run it. If it does not work correctly, close it all out and then open Monitor.bat on the computer. While the device is connected to the computer, capture the logs from trying to run the application once again. Then make sure that he selects all of the logs. I’d also suggest adding in a filter for UE4. When you reply back, please provide his full logs and the UE4 logs he got from Monitor.bat and make sure they’re uploaded separately in .txt format.

Hopefully this captures what we need this time. :slight_smile:

:

I received great news today! We have been able to successfully deploy this project on his Gear VR 2. Thank you for all of your help.

After you brought up the basic idea of the osig process not being done correctly, I made sure to re-send him the documentation for completing this process. This time, we went through it together and the process worked!

The osig file had a different ID, so it seems the wrong ID was used the first time when trying to develop the osig. I think this was due to him trying to check the device id with a mac instead of a windows computer.

Anyways thanks for guiding us to the correct, basic solution!!

Your help was greatly appreciated.

You’re very welcome! Good luck to you both!

Thanks !