Package Failed

Hi All, I was just trying to package my game to test out a gaming feature which I have just incorporated in and I received these 2 errors in the Output Log.

As I have just started using UE5, I am not sure why and how I got these errors:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): WARNING: Errors generated while parsing ‘C:\Users\User\Desktop\VR EXP\new\Intermediate\Source\new.Build.cs’
PackagingResults: Warning: Errors generated while parsing ‘C:\Users\User\Desktop\VR EXP\new\Intermediate\Source\new.Build.cs’

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): ERROR: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a target rules named ‘newTarget’. This type must derive from the ‘TargetRules’ type defined by Unreal Build Tool.
PackagingResults: Error: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a target rules named ‘newTarget’. This type must derive from the ‘TargetRules’ type defined by Unreal Build Tool.

The project includes an imported model from sketchup using datasmith with user movement and a simple item inspection system.

Please do advise on how to rectify the errors above.

Thanks

Hello Shashanyaa,

Try deleting your projects ‘Intermediate’ folder. This folder will be regenerated when you relaunch your project.

Hope that helps!

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried as you have suggested and the folder did regenerated but I received the same error.

Is it the .Build.cs file that causing this error?

thanks man that’s helped a lot and fix my problem

1 Like