Package dedicated server : error to uproject

Hello, I followed the wiki concerning building a dedicated server ())

After different configuration on unrealfrontend, it builds me something in mProejct/saved/StagedBuilds/WindowsServer

There is an engine directory, and a myProject directory, and a myProjectServer.exe.

Running this exe, I got this error : Failed to open descriptor file ‘…/…/…/Engine/myProject.uproject’.
This file is under myProject directory.

I 've found another myPrjectServer.exe into engine\binaries\win64, and run it too, with same error.

I didn’t understand why it needs to …/…/…, and how can I fix this behaviour. Is it a misconfiguration under visual studio when building the exe? Is it a misconfiguraton around unrealFrontend?

Thank you

Hello thyshimrod,

After generating the .exe, did you follow the steps in the other page that was linked to which mentions moving the MyProjectServer.exe to the packaged game’s directory, as it is originally placed in the binaries for the project itself? This may be able to fix the issues you’re experiencing if you haven’t.

In particular, it mentions:

“Now it’s time to build your game project. Using the above UBT target, the executable will end up in /Binaries//Server. Move the executable over to ///binaries/.”

Indeed, I forgot this step :frowning:
Thank you.

I have another issue, it said it can’t find /Game/myFirstMap defined in command line.
I d’ont know where I can define which map I start with for the server… Maybe here?

That is correct. You’ll need to package once more after you change that setting so that it updates the packaged files with that new configuration setting.

I didn’t see this step in wiki, I think it is quite important…

The original wiki post that you linked to is created by a user and is not updated by Epic. The other one is simply for how to compile a Standalone Dedicated Server and contains all of the information needed for that.

I 've written an article to complete the actual wiki