Package Build Failed

Hi community!

I have a problem on my unreal project, I can’t create a package for windows because there is a small and invisible problem. You can see the screenshots below, there is a problem with a specific file .txt and a unknown error. If you can help me, you can save my life :D, thanks!

Somethimes if you have a lot of warnings in debug like me in my project, playing the entire game in editor before packaging could help.
There are some errors that only occurs while you play the game. These errors won’t stop the game only pops in debug window.
So in my case after playing my game I start packaging and it’s like some woodoo magic: exit code 0 success, without modifying any code :slight_smile:

follow the path in the warning and grab that log file, post it here and then we can all see exactly whats going on :slight_smile: C:\Users\micka\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.22\

put the Log.txt into google drive and then right click it and click “Get shareable link” then post that link here.
also have a look at that file yourself, down the bottom it will list all the errors it had and you might spot something that you know how to fix (its the best way to learn cooking errors)

Here is the link of the Log.txt file : https://drive.google.com/open?id=10jNE2psf5IWpGHDuvU3Orv8I5_ftTAm6
Thank you for your answers!

Hi, ChevCheliosSun
When I play in the editor and then I leave the game, there is not errors. When I build all elements in the level there is not errors. But, when I play in the editor, if I die and exit the game immediately before the respawn, there is some errors about the AI.

I also had this issue though the cause might be different.

I hade more errors but they have been dealt with.

This one, however, is a bit of a mystery.

I am new to UE and have learned some very useful things and look forward to learning more.

My current issue is that my game will not build due to an “Unknown error”.

I have built other games so I know that the editor is set up correctly concerning VS.

It could be something simple that I haven’t learned yet.

Does anyone have a solution?

Here is the output log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EJ…tMp-3Yq5dh2Vxx

Also, the log mentioned in the output log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1A-…qex-Z-ffABgUMC

Did you get any warnings? I just went through this only to find out, I had checked cook everything in content folder, which was unnecessary.

Will cooking stop the packaging process?
If so is there a way to reverse the cooking process?

This is in the output log:
"
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): Running UnrealHeaderTool “C:\Users\incenseman\Documents\Unreal Projects\MultiplayerZombieSurvival\MpZombieSurvival.uproject” “C:\Users\incenseman\Documents\Unreal Projects\MultiplayerZombieSurvival\Intermediate\Build\Win32\MpZombieSurvival\Development\MpZombieSurvival.uhtmanifest” -LogCmds=“loginit warning, logexi t warning, logdatabase error” -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed "

I resorted to a complete rebuild of my game. No one seems to know what issue is. I suppose the unknown error will remain, just that, unknown.

Hi,

I just sorted out the same kind of error in my build. Are you working on 64bit machine? I had an error once trying to build for 32 bit, but 64 bit worked just fine. No idea why, not my level of programming and system expertise.

This time around I had an error in a blueprint that was not hooked up anywhere in my actual game, but it had a missing node. It resulted in no errors in editor gameplay, but an unknown error in game build.
I scrolled thru the report looking for red lines and I found the warning which prevented my game from being built. It never showed in the summary.

I went ahead and deleted that blueprint and the build was successful.

Cheers,
Jakub

Okay, i dont know if this might help, but one way i found out whats going on with my project is to try un checked all maps that i want to cook. And then try to package the maps one by one. From here, we can narrow down what is exactly the problem.

In my case, first i have to unselect all the cooked files. From there, i know that my files are correct, and have no error. If it does showing some error, you can try delete the “config, intermediate, and saved” folder in your directory

(CAUTION!, Doing this will delete all your saved project settings like, inputs, folder colors, and more. The rest i still havent discovered, but most importantly, your inputs will be deleted. Do this with cautionary!)

If you can packaged your game correctly, then nothing is wrong with your files. Now, select your cooked files one by one. In my case, i have to select one of my maps, then packaged it to check if there any error. After doing this with all my maps, turns out, one of my map has a problem. So i decided to make a new map. And packaged it.

After that, i start to put all my actors one by one, and packaged it after each placed actor. This way, we can determined what blueprints have a problem. And this really helps me, turns out two of my bp have error in it. The only problem from here… I dont know what is wrong with it. Theres no error whatsoever on the bp, or when i play the game. Everything is fine…

Hopefully this helps, if you have something to suggest or anything, please do!