Please make this boring Maze highly interesting and engaging. All ideas welcomed. Thank you for reading.
My best idea is a Infinite Maze of Gold:
Gameplay or just the maze itself?
Thank you for inquiring @EvilCleric. The Maze itself as gameplay.
- obviously, a bunch of horny minotaurs would spice it up
- have a random wall go up / become passable every now and then so one could rush to a shortcut
- pick up a power-up to smash a wall
- have walls slide, opening and closing paths
- have holes in the ground dropping the player to a maze underneath, now you have a 3.5D maze, sort of
- have a bunch of smaller mazes terraced, jump down, lurk around, reach the end to get catapulted to a maze above
- cover some areas up so the player must memorise a section, this triggers when the player enters said area
Where are all the IDEA GUYS when you really need them?!
- Make it a race, NPC’s try to complete the maze ahead of players (to get to the center or the exit - from opposite corners).
- Add Horizontal / Vertical moving LASERS that players have to squeeze through at key junctions.
- Rotate maze 90 and add wall crawl / jump mechanic.
- Add a continuously rotating maze at extreme angles, so players are thrown about / slide down with gravity the enemy (see vaguely similar idea / scene out of Inception).
- Players have to use a Torch.
- Give players a jump mechanic that can jump one wall at a time, but with a long jump recharge time.
- Players have to complete the maze with a radio controlled car (using reverse to turn).
(Or mix it up: A race between NPCs vs Players plus add one or more other mechanics. ):
the wormrooms - generated using our True 3D Procedural Maze Generator.