Owner no see/only owner see not working on widget component

I have a pawn with two widget components, a health bar and a reticle. Only enemy players should be able to see the health bar, and only the controlling player should be able to see the reticle. However, the options for only owner see/owner no see do not change anything. I tried changing the owner of the widget component, but doing so requires a “local player” object reference, which as far as I can tell can only be acquired by calling “get local player” on a widget component. Obviously, that is not a very useful function here.

I found from other posts such as How to use Set Owner Player node that only owner see/owner no see work as expected when the widget component is set to world space; however, I insist upon using screen space, as prior experience has taught me that world space causes visual artifacting when the displayed widget moves around.

Not sure if you solved this, but the way to hide your widget on your local player (if your using screen space) is to set the visibility to false when locally controlled. Something like this:

if (IsLocallyControlled())
{
	YourWidgetComponent->GetWidget()->SetVisibility(ESlateVisibility::Hidden);
}