Overlapping UV's not true

This is driving my nuts. I have a piece of geo inside 3ds max that has 2 different unrwap modedier on it. Channel 1 and Channel 2 for the lightmaps.

Everytime I import it into UE it tells me that object has overlapping uv’s. I open the object up and look at the channels and its only showing 1 channel. So the 2nd channel is not only showing up the channel its showing is not the channel that I made in 3ds max?

Very strange. Anyone have some ideas?

Thanks
Alex

Did you uncheck the generate lightmap option when importing?

Oh wait its 3ds max. First thing is before exporting to FBX make sure that you convert to editable poly, if you don’t, I believe the modifiers won’t be taken into account when exporting. Also I try not to have 2 unwrap modifiers at the same time. I make the first one, finish it, convert it to editable poly then I make another one moving to the second channel and after I’m done, like I said, make sure to convert to editable poly. This is how I do it and it works for me.

Hope this helps!

Rekenq,

Thanks for the taking a read through my issues. Everything you have describe is exactly how I have done it in the past. Never had any issues until this particular model. I believe the issue is in the fact that I did not create this piece of geometry. Another artist in my office made it and exported it to me so I have a feeling thats the cause of the issue. For now I simply remade the piece in inside 3ds max did my normal uvw and it worked like always.

Very strange.