Outdated Official Tutorial / SteamAppId Access Denied

In version 4.14.3, following Epic Games own tutorial, link, when I run the game in a standalone process and try to host a server over the internet the “Create Session Node” fails. After looking around in the Log files I found this:

LogOnline:Warning: Async task ‘FOnlineAsyncTaskSteamCreateLobby bWasSuccessful: 0 LobbyId: 0 LobbyType: 2 Result: ‘15’ k_EResultAccessDenied (access denied)’ failed in 0.352482 seconds

Closing by request

LogWindows: FPlatformMisc::RequestExit(0)

I have setup the engine.ini file correctly (SteamAppID 480) and enabled steam in the plugins section. (I get the steam overlay in-game)

The project is a blueprint only project, the 3rd person templete. Just like the tutorial.

I have tried running both ue4 and steam in admin mode.

Hosting a game via internet works when the game is not running its own process. e.g. Play in editor, but i guess thats because steam doesn’t work when you play in editor.

Any help as to what could cause this problem? Should I just stick to LAN for now? The whole point of this is so that I can test things with friends over the internet…

Thanks in advance!

Okay, I just tried with a different Steam account and it worked, Im guessing that my younger self is haunting me because on my main acc I have 2 vac bans.

I hope this is the issue! So anyone looking at this question, make sure you use a steam acc with 0 vac bans. Im guessing that they dont want potential hackers to get access to their test environment.