Out of video memory trying to allocate a texture

So its very strange it dosnt work xD

16 core threadripper 1950x

64gb of ram

Try use old version of engine like 4,23 and update DX like said in specificztions of unreal

I’ve tried 4.25 and 4.24. But I can try that one I guess? Lol maybe unreal engine hates me

Kinda back to square one now, Unreal is back to crashing on me all the time. I really dont understand how anyone works in this thing if it always crashes lol

Will tech support look into this? I can’t load any large level without it crashing, I already submitted a bug report. If there is any workarounds, will I be notified? Or will I need to simply abandon learning the software due to not being able to get it working? :frowning:

Don’t use big levels, find you maximum, to start learn you don’t need big lvl. If you correctly issued the request, they will try to do something but there are no guarantees, I am still waiting for a fix of several bugs in the engine :smiley:

I really appreciate your help and suggestions but I would rather solve the problem than avoid it. Even if i have to buy a new GPU

FIXED IT! hi i had the exact same problem with the same map Soul Slum, and was able to fix it! I installed both UE4.23.1 and UE4.25.3. I was able to first open the map on UE 4.23.1 by first going into the textures like HARMze suggests doing and reducing their size. The same trick would not work in 4.25.3, so in 4.23.1, I would try different things to the map, and then “migrate” it to a 4.25 project and try to open it from there. So i literally started to remove elements from the map 1 by 1, and then saved and migrated the map to a 4.25 project. It kept crashing in the same way you described, UNTIL i tried deleting all the SphereReflectionCaptures via the World Outliner. Once i did that in 4.23.1 and migrated the map to my 4.25 project, i was able to load up that 4.25 project and open the map up successfully. let me know if that works for you.

Man,…you are a God…you nailed! I had Reflections resolution at 2048 in Project Settings!
Downgrade that value and all my Allocate memory problems are gone !!!
You f**king rock!!!

Hai bro, all you have to do is reduce material or export material to spare parts