Out of video memory trying to allocate a texture

You open instant material, you need to open main material in it.

If it you first atemts to UE 4 visit - Unreal Online Learning - Unreal Engine . Because you need to know many object types

Its in texture!

I’m sorry im lookin and lookin but i still cannot find it?

here right?

Now im just lookin for a way to do it globally lol

It is still crashing but at least now i think its a different issue as that error message on the topic isnt showin, so mission acomplished? kinda? lol

I’m lookin into culling methods, particularly camera frustum, but it is still crashing. Perhaps this is for another question.

Thank you HARMze for your help :slight_smile:

The map im using is soul city if you wanna give it a shot to see if you can render it? it should be free as i just downloaded it 2 days ago

Found it :slight_smile:

How did you render it? :smiley:
What type of render you use?

Just tryin to create a sequence out of unreal, nothin fancy. didnt use any render engine. Been tryin all day and still constantly crashing

I guess you can say i’m kinda losing faith in UE4 if i cant even simply open up a map then make a sequence out of it. that’s really all i need it for currently until i learn the more advanced stuff

I did just discover one of the potential reasons, i turned of cinematic scaling, rendered it on the medium settings and it worked fine, but doesnt look good obviously lol

You can try this technic - Create photoreal cinematics in UE4: Rebirth tutorial - YouTube
Render in photo, not in video format

And read this https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Engine/Sequencer/Workflow/MovieRender/index.html

Maybe you set big resolution in sequencer? Did you try sequence little scene first? Unreal doesn’t render scenes like 3DSmax or blender or maya. Unreal take full scene in real time doesn’t create chunks

I was hoping camera frustum would help, but it is not helping at all

Yeah it renders and loads small scenes perfectly

I’ve tried rendering out a png sequence as well. Still no luck

Only on the large scenes

Do you think it has somethin to do with GPU? Do AMD cards struggle in UE?

What you processor (CPU) and RAM. not video ram.