"Out of Video Memory" Importing megascans RTX2070

Not really sure. Maybe a better question for the Quixel forums. Seems like people over there are having luck running UE4 in DX11 mode.

You can try downloading and importing them manually as a work around? That’s been working for me but I’m on 4.25 preview.

My rig:

Intel i7-9750H

NVIDIA GeForce RTX2070

16 GB of ram.

UE4 & Bridge is running on my 256 GB SSD

The project file is on a TB HDD

When importing some assets from Bridge, Bridge reports that import was successful, but after 10 seconds or so, UE4 crashes with the following message.

“Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering resource. Make sure your video card has the minimum required memory, try lowering the resolution and/or closing other applications that are running.
Exiting…”

This problem persists even when importing 2k textures, and lower quality LOD meshes.

I’m watching the System Monitor while the import is taking place, and when UE crashes, none of the hardware specs are near maxing out. It doesn’t even look like the video card is being used.

Is this a problem with my hardware, or do I just not have a good grasp on how intensive importing is? It really seems like I should be able to handle much more than this.

Thanks in advance everyone. As I learn more, I hope to contribute by answering other questions on here.

Im having the same issue when importing from bridge, when I try to import most of the grass/vegetation i get the same message
“Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering resource. Make sure your video card has the minimum required memory, try lowering the resolution and/or closing other applications that are running. Exiting…”

I am running on:
Windows 10 (Version 1903)
Intel(R) Core™ i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60HGZ
NVIDIA Geforce RTX2070
32GB RAM @ 3200Mhz

I’ll say this, I think it is not the graphics card or hardware. I’ve imported Quixel megascans packs into more than one project on an Intel Graphics 5500U (Quad-core 2.4 GHz CPU) w/ 6 GB of DDR3 RAM, and didn’t have the same problem. It’s only taken a little while over an average wifi connection, and that’s while UE 4.24.2 is in a minimized window. DX11, half settings on Epic, and several packs queued in the Launcher.