Out of Video Memory Bug??

For some reason whenever I open up a scene in UE4.24, 4.25 and 4.26 I keep getting the error message “out of video memory trying to allocate a texture”…The only version where I dont get this issue is with UE4.23. Anyone knows what the issue could be?

My specs are as follows:

• Core i7-7700K, 4.2 Ghz
  • 32 GB RAM
  • Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
  • Windows 7 64Bit

UPDATE After trying different solutions, I realized that this “out of video memory” issue only shows up when I use the “Broadcast & Film” template…If I load the same project into the Videogame template everything works without issues…Maybe the devs can look into this bug

**kagzfx **fixed it for me, many thanks!

I’m running into the same issue.

My specs are:
AMD Ryzen 9 16 Cores
RTX 3090
128 GB RAM
Windows 10

Could someone give me info on how to fix this?

Check your page file size / virtual memory.
By default, this will be set to be automatically managed by Windows.
Increasing that should do the trick.

I run into this issue all the time, on different version and different laptops. I think it’s a bug in UE4 that they can’t figure out, like a memory leak.

THIS WAS IT. Worked for me!

Unfortunately, this switching template isn’t something I’m able to do for my project and I’m getting the exact issue as you. 128GB RAM & x2 2080tis - reasonably small scene. Any further advice?

If you’ve got multiple graphics cards you would need to turn off SLI if you have it on

How can we rope in the devs on this issue? I have a single Quadro gv100, (48GB video memory) and I’m getting this same issue. It is not an SLI problem.

I get this same error in 4.26.2 when building reflection captures for my level… Using 2x RTX 3090s in nvlink… 24gb ram each … This is a major bug in the engine and I can see it has never been addressed.

It resolved itself temporarily when i migrated the content folder into a new “game” project… but now it doesnt build reflection captures again… bug returned after only 1 successful build… I wish epic would get their ■■■■ together.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem migrating a Meta Human from one Project to another. I have a lot of RAM and Virtual memory (custom managed).

None of the suggestions have helped me.

RAM 128GB
Virtual 4000-20,000 MB
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
Geforce RTX 2080