Out of Memory message importing HDR

Hi, I was trying to import a 16K HDR image but received an error message about memory. But, looking at the resources monitor, it seems my machine has enough memory.
Could anyone give me some help?
Thanks in advance.

Video memory, that’s this bit

But, you need to have the task manager options set to ‘always in front’, and then also click on the editor viewport.

@ClockworkOcean thanks for replying. I took that screenshot during the import process. The Task Manager was opened. In this case, does “Always in front” will make any difference?

Only about 1-100 :wink:

( always in front, but then click on the editor again )

There may also be some special settings for a HDR that big, I’m not sure what.

Very weird though, hard to believe you’re running out of memory.

If you restart the editor, will it import then?

I imported the image in EXR and it has been imported. But I can´t use EXR inside a Material…

No expert in this area, but I think you need to make it HDR before importing.

But this is the problem… I can´t import 16K HDR because of the memory warning… But thanks for trying. :wink:

I just got a 16k HDR from polyhaven. Yup, won’t load.

There must be some trick to it, as I see them on the market

Try downloading a free 4k or 8k version just confirm it’s purely running out of memory.

@scottunreal I´ve already done this. I can import 4K and 8K.

Sounds like you’re just maxing out memory.
You could try contacting the market place vendor since they may have more insights.

I have a Dell XPS M1350 PC with window Vista introduced and 4GB
of RAM. I as of late went to fasten a 196 picture circular HDR display
be that as it may, got an out of memory mistake while the pictures were being adjusted. I
thusly diminished the quantity of pictures to make a tube shaped
scene and got an out of memory mistake while producing the picture in
the HDR screen. There is 140GB of free space on my hard plate which I
think ought to be a lot for brief records.
Might you at any point if it’s not too much trouble, offer me some counsel on the best way to stay away from the memory mistakes.

Same here. There’s 0 difference between having the task manager in focus vs the engine in focus.

(Which makes sense. The engine reduces rendering capabilities but doesn’t unload all content and deallocates space from VRam just because you click out. That would introduce quite silly lag throughout most regular workflows)

It’s using less than 10% of dedicated GPU memory when crashing and happens not when importing but afterwards during the “preparing textures” step.

Even deallocates a few hundred MB from the dedicated GPU memory during the process. Which seems like a bug or some hard coded memory limits for the process.

Anyone managed to find what’s causing this error? Happened to me today, same thing, 16k won’t work, 8k no problem. Checked streaming pool, directx version, nothing worked here (RTX 3080).

1 Like

same issue, should be the code thing, machine performance absolutely cover