Our First Project that never succeeded. Eon Shell

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Hi Guys,

I’d like to intoduce a game I and my close friend created when just started to learn gamedev with UE4. It’s called Eon Shell. Basic formula was Zelda + Nier + Souls.
We though to make it as episodes series and tried to get some funds through Megagrants… but failed. For that moment we had core staff:

• [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]1st episode area
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Core gameplay prototype
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Few types of enemies
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Core narrative idea
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Core game systems implementation

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]We both had no experience in gamedev, we both worked as QA Engineers. Due to duties to our families, we couldn’t proceed with it, so for this moment it’s just a gameplay demo. We also can’t go kickstarter due to country isn’t in a participant list. It’s hard to beat, but some people made it. Here’s the plot:

• [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Events take place in the distant future when humanity learned to separate consciousness from the body and move it to various kinds of machines. We play as a robot scout who has never encountered this type of machine people. Our first mission is to scout a small area of a newly discovered planet.

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]It’s completly free and You can try it just by downloading here:

Here are controls:

• [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Keyboard + Mouse
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]LMB - Attack/Dash-Attack
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]RMB - Interact
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]WASD - Movement
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Space - Jump
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Shift - Dash/BackFlip

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Hope, someday we achieve our goal to complete it. Now I do a YT channel and with more audience I think our game will also get more attention.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5zyj4UsxhWU

Cool. How long were you working on that? Did you have any trouble with Unreal?

As it was the first ever project, we did all staff except of mixamo animations for main character. It took as 2 years to build. We learned from very small steps begining with top down template