OtherCompilationError (C2064 - C2664)

Hello,
(I’m in Unreal 5.1 and Visual studio 2022 and I’m very novice)

I have a very big problem: I need to import some C++ files into unreal engine and every time I want to compile them in unreal engine I get the error “Reason: OtherCompilationError”. I have no idea how to solve the compilation problem and I think the only clue I have is that I get errors C2064 and C2664.
It seems that the C2064 error occurs when you try to call a variable or pointer that is not a function1 and the C2664 error occurs when you try to pass an argument to a function that does not match the expected type. I assure you that the problem is not in the C++ file, what can I do, do you have any idea, is it an update or plugins, I have already tried to use another computer and the unreal 5.0 version and the problem still appears. I am desperate.

Greetings and thanks in advance.

Hi @TijerinArtStudio
Can you show me both your .h and .cpp files?

Hi OriginUs!
Thank you very much for replying, but I don’t think the files themselves are the problem.

Correct me if I’m wrong (I’m still very novice and I don’t know a lot of things) but I think the problem is that any c++ document that spoke from unreal (for example the file “RadialSlider.h” that generates unreal) makes Visual Studio and there I should be able to compile this file without problems if I’m not wrong isn’t it? Well it is impossible for me to compile it and gives me errors like MSB3073, E1696, E1835, E1455, E0020…
(All this assuming that when unreal compiles it is really Visual studio that is compiling and that is where the bug comes from).

Really this is beyond my knowledge and I can’t help but think that this is due to a major problem, such as a Unreal plug-in or something that has been updated in visual studio 2022.

Anyway, if you want to try to see where the problem is, which I would greatly appreciate, I leave you a basic example file (as it happens to me with any file that I generate) with .articyue4 format (which has been generated in “Articy Draft” that if you do not know is the program with which video games like “Disco Elysium” were written) that you can compile in unreal if you install the “articy:draft Importer” which is free and installs in a moment.

(The document is attached to this message and is placed in the “Content” folder of your Unreal C++ project). If you have any doubt here is a tutorial,that I made some time ago when I still had no problems compiling in unreal, where I explain from 0 how to import from Articy.

Thank you very much in advance.
TEST.articyue4 (201.4 KB)

I have followed the official Unreal 5 tutorial “Create your first code project and add a new C++ class” step by step and I have not been able to compile the result when it was due. I think this may be the root problem but I still don’t know what is the origin, I guess I have to try all the possible solutions that I can find on the internet until I find the origin.

Update: not all the example codes that I am testing give me errors in the compilation, I think this complicates things even more.

Hi, after many, many attempts for over a month, I think I know where the error was. Recently, I installed Visual Studio 2022 along with several add-ons. However, the program informed in a little window that maybe it was advisable to install something related to compatibility with Linux systems.

So I finally installed that add-on for Linux environments and now everything seems to be fine.