OSX -Editor running up to 100% CPU

With just some boxes geometry and the sky set to invisible, this eats 100 % CPU.
Not in play mode, just editing.
Is this expected behaviour?

(iMac, OSX Maverick)

Anyone in charge for this?

My system:
Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac13,2 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 8 MB Memory: 24 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX Type: GPU Bus: PCIe PCIe Lane Width: x16 VRAM (Total): 1024 MB Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de) Device ID: 0x11a2 Revision ID: 0x00a2 ROM Revision: 3707 Displays: iMac: Display Type: LCD Resolution: 2560 x 1440 Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Built-In: Yes

XCode shows 100% usage or what? On my computer xcode also shows over 100% cpu usage but same time it shows over 600% as free, so in reality it uses only about 15-20% of my cpu capacity.

Talking about activity monitor. The main loop of the editor should not eat 100%, when doing just basics. Question is NOT related to XCode.

Activity Monitor can be a bit misleading. As juniperi mentioned, when it shows that a process is using 100%, it means a 100% of a single core. On your i7 CPU, which has (I suppose) 8 logical cores (you can check that in Activity Monitor’s Window->CPU Usage), the actual CPU usage is most likely about 13%.

Hello,

Thank you for your report. We were not able to investigate this on the engine version you reported, but there have been many version changes to UE4 since this question was first posted. With a new version of the Engine comes new fixes and it is possible that this issue has changed or may no longer occur. Due to timetable of when this issue was first posted, we are marking this post as resolved for tracking purposes.

If you are still experiencing the issue you reported in the current engine version, then please respond to this message with additional information and we will investigate as soon as possible. If you are experiencing a similar, but different issue at this time, please submit a new report for it.

Thank you.