OSX Can't Rename New Folder in World Outliner

It appears that something isolated to your machine is causing the focus to be taken off the highlighted text whether you press F2 or select + pause to change the name of a folder in the Content Browser or World Outliner.

I seem to recall a similar case where the issue was caused by something like custom touch pad settings, magic mouse, or the like. Please make sure you do not have any external hardware conflicts and that you are using the default settings for your input devices.

Hi ,
I know it’s late, but posting in case someone else is having this problem in 4.21.1. What I had to do was highlight all the actors I wanted to include, then click on create new file and it would let me rename. Hope this helps.

WKirchoff23

Late to this one but I’ve been having the exact same issue as the OP.
I have managed to narrow down the issue and have discovered that unplugging my secondary monitor allows me to rename the folders (although F2 still doesn’t function as it should).

I am running a software called OnScreen Control that allows me to split my widescreen monitor into 3 separate windows. This is potentially conflicting with UE4.

macOS Monterey
Version 12.4

MacBook Pro (16-inch 2021)
Chip Apple M1 Pro
Memory 32GB