optional middle mouse button to pan Blueprint editor

It would be nice to have the middle mouse button act as the panning tool for blueprint eidtor, problem being, the right mouse button doesn’t always bring up the command menu (usually when you move the mouse a slight bit) It can get a wee bitty frustrating :slight_smile:

Please have it as an editor preferences option (as not everyone has a middle mousebutton) so that it can be switched manually. If there is a temporary fix for this, I would be happy to know :slight_smile:

This bugs me too just because of the inconsistency. I use middle mouse button to pan in the Unreal editor and in Maya and in Photoshop, but then in Blueprint editor it’s right click to pan. Why.

It’s killing me.
Middle click please

I agree with this, would be nice to customize this to make it similar to what I’m used to in Max.

i vote for MMB panning in BP too. Please!

Would be great to have MMB panning and RMB to zoom (or Alt-MMB and Alt-RMB) so it’s consistent with the preview, especially in the graph tab where both are next to each other.
And also match Maya / Mobu / max 2016 navigation system

This got on my nerves as well. If you’re willing to compile your own build, it’s pretty easy to implement: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/2311

maybe is a bit late, I just started with unreal and not panning with middle button is just a big no… I changed it here.

9 Likes

Thx @nhcnb your comment is still useful for people in the future.