Option to Disable the Launcher Please

hello

the launcher has always been an unnecessary pain and has been getting intolerably worse recently. i dont even use it for anything.
in the past i would build from source and leave out the launcher, but now we have the source code in the normal ue4 there’s no need to mess with guthub builds.

Please for the love of sanity just add a tickbox somewhere that disables the automatic opening of the launcher.

thanks

Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win64
delete launcher exe or, as i do it, create new folder, any name, and move launcher exe file to newly created folder, you can move it back if needed

i know this stupid, but…

Yes, and while youre at it, please make the directories editable, so i can choose different locations for e.g. UT and dont have to install it in the same Drive/folder as Unreal Editor.

F1. One can already launch the launcher in a couple of ways like double clicking it on the desktop or even in UE4 to gain access to the marketplace. I don’t really see the need to launch the launcher when clicking on the project file and then having it pop up again each time, sorry to say, UE4 crashes.

Yeah, that the launcher keeps pretending it’s Bill Gates and full of self importance to pop itself up over a project you just opened, is getting annoying.