Option to disable the Content Draw bar at the bottom of the screen

Hey,

Just a suggestion it would be nice to be able to completely disable the Content Draw bar at the bottom of the screen, thats if there isnt one already but I couldn’t seam to find it.

Thanks and nice work!

2 Likes

Agreed. When clicking Dock in Layout, the Content Drawer button isn’t needed, so could disappear and the Console Command controls could slide to the left to fill the space.

1 Like

In fact, I think there should be an option in Editor Preferences to allow you to also hide the footer bar entirely.

If I have the Content Browser docked, then I don’t need the drawer. If I’m using it as a Drawer instead, I don’t need the Content Drawer tab showing at the bottom of the screen. I’m happy to hit the space bar and have the drawer slide up from offscreen.

In addition, I don’t need the Console Command to be showing all the time and am happy to bring that up with the tilde key when needed.

Finally, I don’t need the Source Control showing all the time in the bottom right corner. Most projects aren’t even connected to source control. But for those that are, there appears to be a lot of empty space in the tool bar at the top, for example between Play/Platforms and Settings, where the Source Control button could go next to Settings.

This would then allow the entire footer to be removed/hidden, which buys back about half an inch of screen space for the viewport and the outliner/details panels, which I think are far more important.

4 Likes

Go to SLevelEditor.cpp an comment out these lines