Optimizing surfaces with Mesh Mixer

Hi, I watched this video Optimizing RealityCapture 3D models for Game Engines (Unreal Engine) - YouTube, and followed the steps to optimize certain surfaces with the brush to reduce the polygons. At first with blender, then in a second time with Mesh Mixer, I still have the same problem. Once imported back into RC, and the texture reprojected, I find myself with the visual defects present on the attached image. Can anyone tell me where the problem comes from?

Could be the UV maps getting glitched? you could compare the original maps and the ones you have to see if they are similar or if the polygons that look glitched are disconnected from the main UV

Thx for your answer, when I use the reduce brush, and turn on the dyntopo (dynamic topology), the polygons reduced are disconnected from the UV. So if I Unwrap in Blender, import in RC and Unwrap again, it’s working. Is there any others solution ?

Ok I finally found the problem, i fix it with a paramater from Unwrap Tool : Large Triangle removal threshold. Just need to increase it.
So now it’s fine in RC, but when I migrate to UE5, the problem reappears…

Hi, were you able to find the solution why the texture looks bad in UE5?

You’ve correctly figured on your own how to use the large triangle removal threshold, that should fix the problem.

Were you importing the correct texture to UE5?

Hi, No, we still have the same problem when importing into Unreal, glitches appear. We are looking if we can fix the problem using Zbrush

Sorry to hear that. If you can share the data we might take a look. Contact us at support@capturingreality.com We could create a Box folder for you where you could upload the data.

Thanks, I will contact you soon. :+1: