optimizations for Shield Tablet

Anyone know how to take advantage of the Tegra K1 hardware? Right now it looks like UE4 is just outputting a standard mobile build to the Shield Tablet.

Look at: https://developer.android.com/preview/api-overview.html

About 1/3 of the way down they describe how to Support for OpenGL ES 3.1.

I have not tried this yet myself so please let me know if that helps.

I’m trying this myself with a different K1 platform and don’t see how they got it working with the extension kit they showed at I/O. Probably a good livestream question.

I’ve read though it earlier but don’t we need to put Android L Developer Preview on the device? I wasn’t sure if it was a Unreal issue or because Android doesn’t support it until version “L”

changed the app manifest to <uses-feature android:glEsVersion=“0x00030001” android:required=“true” />
and still nothing.

FYI, from looking at the Trello it looks like to get this you’ll have to use a Github build probably on a specific branch to get this enhancement for now. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to do this shortly and will update if I can get it to work.

In the forums for the twitch stream last week Ray Davis (The Project Manager) said that they are starting code integration this week (8/18/14) with no ETA.

I don’t believe any of the code is in GitHub yet. For now you can just make normal Android builds which run about the same of most other Android hardware and not nearly as good as the demo.