We are making a online ARPG in the likes of diablo/path of exile etc…
We wanted to do it with UE’s core networking, but we are now thinking of using a BaaS solution to make things a bit easier.
What we need:
- Login with Steam Playstation Network or Xbox account
- Instances of maps on a dedicated server
- some sort of Database where we can store our character/account info and inventory info etc…
- Item database so the server generates loot
- Some feature to create a chat system
What is the easiest to implement BaaS solution with lots of documentation/tutorials around in you guys opinions?
- I looked at GameSparks which seemed to have a lot of documentation, but latest support UE is 4.18
- I looked at PlayFab which doesn’t have any documentation or tutorials and makes it impossible to implement, i got stuck on doign login stuff already
- Photon seems to have less features that we need.
What other alternatives are there that have good documentation and support 4.22?
Thanks in advance guys!
Stefan from Rebel Camp Games