I found some issues in default Translation Editor. So I decide to make own tool for editing localisations.
- Multiline editing. YES! It CAN insert a new line in the localized text
- Export and import translations in Excel.
- Search by translation text.
- Sort by any column.
- .Net 4.0 or higher
How to change localizations in the program:
- Gather and Compile translations in Unreal Engine 4
- Open *.manifest file from [YOUR_PROJECT]\Content\Localization\Game
- All *.archive files will be loaded automaticaly
- Modify localization as you want. Press [Ctrl]+[Enter] to apply modifications to the selected translation.
- Save to *.manifest file. All *.archive files will be saved automaticaly.
- Gather and Compile translations in Unreal Engine 4 again.
This program can export to Microsoft Excel as a single worksheet document. How to import and export localization with this program:
- Open *.manifest file.
- Press File → Export… and program will create Excel file.
- You will get a document similar to this:
- Untranslated cells will be red. This will allow the translator to find them quickly.
- You can modify the document as you want down to line: –== !!! DO NOT TRANSLATE THE TEXT BELOW !!! == SERVICE DATA ==–
- You can sort rows as you like, but before importing, you need to sort them by the first column.
- When you are done with translation, start the program and select File -> Import.
- Select File → Save As… and save to your game *.manifest file.
- Don’t forget to Gather and Compile translations in Unreal Engine 4 again.
Source code and license:
I hope the tool will be useful for you.
Sincerely, Denis Maltsev.