Download

[OPENSOURCE] Translation Editor for UE4.

Hi all!

I found some issues in default Translation Editor. So I decide to make own tool for editing localisations.

Features:

  • Multiline editing. YES! It CAN insert a new line in the localized text :slight_smile:
  • Export and import translations in Excel.
  • Search by translation text.
  • Sort by any column.

Runtime dependencies:

  • .Net 4.0 or higher

**Using:**​​​​​​

How to change localizations in the program:

  • Gather and Compile translations in Unreal Engine 4
  • Open *.manifest file from [YOUR_PROJECT]\Content\Localization\Game
  • All *.archive files will be loaded automaticaly
  • Modify localization as you want. Press [Ctrl]+[Enter] to apply modifications to the selected translation.
  • Save to *.manifest file. All *.archive files will be saved automaticaly.
  • Gather and Compile translations in Unreal Engine 4 again.
  • Enjoy :slight_smile:

This program can export to Microsoft Excel as a single worksheet document. How to import and export localization with this program:

  • Open *.manifest file.
  • Press File → Export… and program will create Excel file.
  • You will get a document similar to this:

  • Untranslated cells will be red. This will allow the translator to find them quickly.
  • You can modify the document as you want down to line: –== !!! DO NOT TRANSLATE THE TEXT BELOW !!! == SERVICE DATA ==–
  • You can sort rows as you like, but before importing, you need to sort them by the first column.
  • When you are done with translation, start the program and select File -> Import.
  • Select File → Save As… and save to your game *.manifest file.
  • Don’t forget to Gather and Compile translations in Unreal Engine 4 again.

Source code and license:

Latest builds:

I hope the tool will be useful for you.

Sincerely, Denis Maltsev.

Added new version 1.1.0 to github.com. Now it’s supporting different modes of sorting. Just click on the necessary column.

Added new version 1.2.0 with copy/paste functionality and small improvements.
Download link: Releases · rionix/LocalizationUE4 · GitHub
Sources link: GitHub - rionix/LocalizationUE4: Translation Editor for Unreal Engine 4
Enjoy! :wink:

Great work! Seems like a really useful tool. I’ll give you feedback on that soon. :wink:

Thanks! :slight_smile: The program may have errors, so do not forget to make backups. Also I have not tested the behavior of the utility with texts with empty namespaces.

New version 1.3.0 with huge number of bugfix.
Download link: Releases · rionix/LocalizationUE4 · GitHub
Sources link: GitHub - rionix/LocalizationUE4: Translation Editor for Unreal Engine 4
Enjoy! :slight_smile:

Hi! This tool sounds super promising for what I’m working on. However, whenever I try to import a manifest i get an error an error: “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” (null reference exception, i assume?). Do you have any ideas I can try? Thanks!

I need to know where the message is occurred. Can you send a callstack for this message? If you have installed C#, it is possible to run a program in debug mode and locate the real place of the bug. It will be very helpful! :slight_smile:

By the way. Do not “Import” the mainifest file. You need to “Open” this file. Import for XLSX files.

I have the same issue and the same error message. But I’m having it when I want to open manifest from my project folder. Not Import.

This tool looks very useful, unfortunately I’m having the same issue “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”. I’m using UE4 4.24.

I compiled it myself (which initially failed because of Excel errors, but I commented out the Excel import + export) and it’s causing an issue because ns.Children is null.

I had to guard against ns.Children being null 3 times:
InternalFormat.LoadFromManifest
InternalFormat.LoadFromArchive
MainFrame.UpdateLocaleListWithoutTranslation

Thanks for reports! Looks like I am forgotten about namespaces can be in the another namespace… I will try to fix this in the future. We didn’t use this functionality in our game.

This cause the error:



#define LOCTEXT_NAMESPACE "ShooterGame.HUD.Menu"


I have prepared a new version of the program 1.5.1. It now understands namespaces in namespaces. I hope it will fix the bug. Also increased the speed of DataGridView.

New version 1.6.0 is ready. Excel serializer was switched to EPPlus 4.5. So, there are no dependencies on Microsoft Excel.

Thank you Denis for sharing this awesome application! It’s very useful to me!