OpenGL ES3.1 break Media-Framework of Android / Galaxy S7 Edge

Okay. So after extensive testing. I believe I’ve determined that when insisting a project runs under OpenGL ES3.1 for Android we lose the functionality of the Media Framework / Media Textures, both at game launch and from within the environment. Strangely at game launch I can hear the audio however :slight_smile:

I setup a very basic level from scratch with media textures running well under OpenGL ES2.0 yet when following the official UE4 documentation to force the ES3.1 functionality I loose media texture playback.

We are wishing to use ES3.1 for it’s richer shader / material functionality. Can anyone advise if I’m missing something here. Absolutely critical we get this additional functionality / performance gains in conjunction with media framework.

Any help / advice greatly appreciated!

Not familiar with media framework / media textures but have done a bunch of Android work. Any logs you can post? Dump the logcat output with as many debug options on as possible?

Hi thesystemera,

We can troubleshoot your issue on the post you’ve created on the Answerhub.

We can go through some basic troubleshooting questions to see if we can’t resolve your issue. If we come to a conclusion it is a bug, then I will enter it accordingly and respond with an update.

Cheers,

So in my Android project for Oculus GO, I’ve noticed that OpenGL ES 3.1 does play the movie and the media texture works, however, the picture quality is terrible. Any idea what can be causing this? Simply switching to OpenGL ES 2 resolves all quality issues, however, is it possible to fix this without turning off ES 3.1?