OpenDoor Replication Beginner

Hello
I have a simple door opening method (if you have the key) and I would like to replicate it, I tried to put multi cast custom events on Play and reverse in the timeline and then call them with custom event Run on server on the flip flop it didn’t work, does anyone have a replica door opening system that would work with this key system? I also tried Repnotify but I only managed to get everything to work half way.

Thank you for your answer but it does not work with my key system

The point of the vid was to provide you a tutorial on how to do multiplayer doors (replication). You can easily modify it to work with a key.

In its simplest form a “Has Key” conditional check can be added to determine if the client RPC’s the server to open the door.

The server would also run the “Has Key” check as well. If true, open, otherwise ignore request.

Hello,
thank you for your answer I expressed myself badly I tried the method in the video it works but when I add my Branch has a key if true it only works on the Server side and not on the client side, I did not succeed or find a way to make it work

Post your work, because the following changes to the standard door from vid works.

• If door is already opened, no need for additional checks.
  • If door is not locked, no need for additional checks.
  • If Closed, Locked, And key matches → Srv Interact.

I would do more on the server.

When player tries to interact with (unlock) door, send “open door” RPC to server.
Server checks whether player has key, and if they do, unlocks the door.
Unlocking the door sends (broadcasts) reliable message to open door on door actor.
Door actor client, when receiving message, starts playing timeline.
(You also need to call the local door opening handler on the server after broadcast, because Unreal is annoying like that.)

Already does all this.

Client interacts with a line trace. If all conditions are good it RPC’s the server.
Server tries to interact (same code). If all conditions are good it calls an interface event on the actor.
Server walks the srv event logic and sets the rep_notify door state.
The onrep function calls the open/close events based on the new state.

Only thing I didn’t replicate was the doors bIsLocked . Oops.

Hello, thank you for your answer I am still a beginner on Unreal and the BP system, I managed to recreate the video system but how to implement the same key system that I had previously? I am giving you the screens of the system that I obtained following a tutorial which works very well but only on the server side.