OpenCL & Vulkan Computing power to UE blueprints.
The idea of this plugin is to ease the use of GPU computing power without the need to get into c++.
It strives to be an easy implementation of computing kernels(OpenCL) and shaders(Vulkan) for Blueprints.
Although Unreal Engine also provides the capability to create and run computing shaders through FGlobalShader class, i feel like it complicated to create and modify the shaders.
OpenCL targeted version is 1.2 but can be set to up-to 2.0.
Vulkan targeted version is 1.0 but can be set to up-to 1.1.
OpenCL can also run in CPU mode. In case there’s no dedicated GPU available you can switch to that.
Some current functionality.
- In-Editor kernel asset editor
- Compile in-editor and check if your kernel has errors.
- Pass and retrieve parameters to and from kernel (currently FString, FVector, float and integer and arrays of them)
- kernel asset
- Full blueprint functionality
- Ability to execute kernel assets both at run-time and in editor.
- UTexture2D Parameters
- Ability to find text in kernel asset
- Open kernel file from hard-disk.
- Running kernels in range work-groups
- Create computing shaders and kernels with blueprint graph(probably?)
And I’m opened to suggestions.