Open world streaming. Finding the distance between camera and tens of thousands of points

I am considering switching from Unity to UE4. But I do not find any important functionality in UE4 for project transfer. I created my own object streaming system for a large open world. Objects are created when the player is nearby and destroyed when the player moves away. The division of the world into sectors or chunks is not used. Instead, I use Unity’s CullingGroup system. This is very useful if the number of objects in the level does not exceed 50,000.

I need to determine the distance between camera and 50,000 points and spawn objects on the closest to the player. What can I replace CullingGroup with?

For completeness, I’ll describe how it works in Unity. Perhaps you know something similar in UE4. This system is an array of world-space positions and radii that form a set of bounding spheres. In the second array, I have serialized data for every object in the game world: prefab (actor) id , positions, spins, health, fuel, etc. The bounding spheres are sampled in each frame based on the distance from the camera and callback is made with the sphere number. By this number, I search for the desired serialized data in the second array and create an object. The opposite happens when the sphere moves out of radius around the player.

From what you’re saying here, you either need world composition:

Or level streaming:

It does not calculate camera distance, but does all the work you’re trying to do, for you…