Open Level Transition Error

I’m having issues trying to implement a loading screen that appears while Unreal open’s levels in my game. At the moment (only an issue in packaged builds), when a level is opened, before firing any BeginPlay nodes, the screen shows the player’s camera view, and a loading throbber in the bottom right. This leads me to believe it’s some kind of default loading screen, but I haven’t been able to find information on anything like that in Unreal.

It only happens when transitioning into levels with a large amount of assets, and I’ve spent a ton of time researching solutions for loading screens and haven’t been able to solve the issue. Transition maps and seamless travel sounded promising but using them hasn’t got me any different results. It’s kind of driving me crazy, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello mykelbrandt9,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints/settings/widgets that may be involved with this issue?

Hello mykelbrandt9,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.

Thanks,