Open Level takes forever?

I just went from 4.09 to 4.13 today and the time it takes to load a new level went down from 5 minutes to about 2 and a half. It’s quite the improvement! Only problem is some things weirdly changed (my second level starts with a widget open, etc). Gotta bugfix a lot now…

lol SSD the answer nubs give when they dont have an answer.
I dont run SS drives, yet, i can load anything in about 10 seconds. Heck ADK first loads are only a few min for me (45+GB total size). No SSDs.
Also note that his START UP times are only effected, thats all you get with an SSD. Nothing else will run “better” or be effected by an SSD. More FPS, etc etc, will not happen. But hey, your OS loads fast… lulz. Will they help? Maybe, upgrading your i5 may help a little more.
RAM CAS and how its being used, you have 16GB, but, how much free in an idle state?
Also, a massive factor, how long have you had your OS installed ? I know, its an odd question … but … I find anyhting more then like 6 months (even on Win10) all the writes and changes and cached **** all over the place, will slow you down (it naturally happens). no, im not saying format lol, but, you may just need some system attention (like a cleaning to the file system).
Drives - how full are they? fragmented out or you defragging? OS? Win10 should do that without an issue.
There is a lot more then just “buy an SSD … duuuuuurrrrr” and a lot more to a computer speed/load issue then 1 solid answer.

AMD 9850 (?) the 8-core without APUs running at 5.7Ghz per core
6x 15k WD drives RAID10
Mushkin ECC RAM (32GB)
Asus Sabertooth 990FX
GTX 1080 (x2) but only 1 used for UE dev work.

For SSds - enjoy the limited I/O burns when used heavily.

Well, for starters the OS is about an year old (as old as the desktop is). Last time I defragmented was about 2 months ago. I run CCleaner every now and then (like once a month?).

Yeah can confirm that this only happens in the editor ( at least in my game ), gonna assume it has something to do with how fast your harddrive operates. If you build the project the load times for levels should be significantly decreased and much faster. If you want it be as fast as possible then I’d suggest level streaming even.

I know this is an old topic and thing may have changed but I’m facing the same problem :

“LogFileHelpers: Loading map ‘GameWorld’ took 396.192”

My specs : I7 7700k, GTX 1080, 32Gb DDR4 and a SSD
So this have nothing to do with SSD or HDD, this is an UE4 thing. I’m using many software and have no problem with them.

What’s stranger is that this map is a “world composition” persistant level. There’s ony 10 small tiles in it and they’re unloaded when the persistant level is loaded.
Persistant level only contains a skylight, a directional light, a skyphere, exponential height fog and a post process volume.

What I don’t understand is that there’s another message just before the map loading :
“LightingResults: New page: Lighting Build”

Why !? This level has “force no precomputed lighting” enabled, so why does the engine build lighting ??

Edit, I forgot to say that while loading this map, my cpu usage doesn’t go higher than 14%, my total RAM is 35% used, and disk access 0,1Mb/s