Open Level doesn't work in standalone game

This is still being assessed by the development staff and unfortunately do not have a timeframe on a fix being implemented to the engine.

I’m not convinced there is a bug here. Launch does a cooked build. Play does uncooked. If you are referencing your other levels by string, it won’t cook them because the cooker doesn’t know (unless you tell it with some settings that I believe are not exposed in 4.7 yet).

When you say Standalone, do you mean the Standalone mode under Play? That isn’t cooking the data, so all the maps should be there. I want to verify explicitly what modes/buttons you are using for when it breaks vs works.

Josh

I was having this issue as well. I was using the Open Level node in Blueprints, but instead of the level I specified Launch opened a test level that I had deleted before building. Play > Standalone Game resolves the issue for me.

Sorry to necro this, but it’s the first result on Google, so here’s my solution:
For me, it worked in-editor, in a build and when you “launch” the game.

What you need to do is write down the full path or the level you want top “open”.
See example image.

In my case, the level was called “worldMap”, and the Folder structure was Content->Levels->worldMapLevels.

Have Fun.