Open Level broken in Stand Alone

Try creating a new, blank project in 4.8. Immediately convert this to a 4.9 project. Does the same error occur? Does it change the folder name as you saw previously?

I created a new project called “My Project” with starter content in 4.8.3 and imported a random mesh, placed it and saved the project. Opened it in 4.9 with “open copy” and it created a folder called “My Project 4.9”. I moved the mesh and tried to save, the same reference warning happened as described above.

Even when I delete the mesh and try to save, the same warning messages appear, telling me to do a map check.

if you set up an “Open level” blueprint, for instance, press 1 - Open level (create new level for this) in the player character and run this in standalone game, are you able to open the level?

Duplicated the map, called it asdf and changed floor material to see the difference. Added node “on keypress L” → “open level asdf”. When I play in editor, I can press L and the asdf level with different floor material opens as expected. Compiled the game to stand alone for Windows 32bit. Run the executable, pressed L and the game just reopened the initial map and did not load the asdf level with different floor material.

This is exactly the same result as I have posted above.

Are you using the standalone option in the Play menu or are you using the Launch button? Are you generating your standalone game a different way? This would make a huge difference in what may be going on.

Neither, I’m going to → File → Package Project → Windows → Win 32bit and compile the whole project into a stand alone game with its own executable. That’s where all the issues happen.

can you send me a copy of the blank project you reproduced this in? I tried packaging for Win32 and was able to open levels as I would expect.

File size is over 1gb. Is there a quick way to remove starter content? Otherwise I have to do this over

If you aren’t using it you should be able to simply delete the starter content from the project.

, I can confirm, I had the same problem with OpenLevel and it was related to Extrnaly Referenced bug, and a solution fromanswers.unrealengine.com/questions/152144/ue461-externally-referenced-on-basic-map.html answer helped me to.

More I can add, I’ve fixed this bug on a windows machine, made a working build, committed it to our git. Cloned the repository on mac machine into the fresh folder, and bug appeared.

Before that I had the same project for UE4.8.3 built on that machine. So I think some system settings may be the cause. Still I don’t know if UE stores some settings in the system.

Hi ,

Do you have any steps I can take to reproduce this on my end? Does this seem to be Mac specific or are you having trouble on any Windows machines as well?

Hi ,

We have not heard from you in several days. I am marking this thread as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment with the requested information.