Opacity mask doesn`t update in sequencer

Hi, everyone!

I have an actor object(B) which moves through the plane(A). Plane`s material has opacity mask which updates by movment of object(B) and makes transperent it behind the object(B).

It works fine when Im moving **object(B)** directly in viewport by hand. But when Im droping it into sequencer and trying to animate by keys opacity mask doesn`t update.

1 Like

I think I have to show how my material works.
At first I collect actors parameters of rotation and position to collection as vectors(V3) in construction script.

Then I use collected data to create opacity mask with BoxMask-3d

Go into the Class Settings for that actor and enable “Run Construction Script in Sequencer” and make sure the dropdown in Sequencer also has the construction script setting enabled.

You will probably need to wire the Tick function to call the same thing at runtime - construction scripts won’t be run every frame at runtime.

295747-lgvp44ing7.png

1 Like

Thank you! You have saved me! It works!

Hey everyone!

First off, I just want to give a huge shout-out to you all for your brilliant suggestions. You guys totally helped me tackle the first part of my issue, and I’m super grateful for that.

Now, I’ve got a bit of a head-scratcher here. For some reason, the movie render queue isn’t rendering the construction script I’m messing around with in my sequencer. Oddly enough, it seems a lot like the example we were chit-chatting about earlier.

If anyone has some spare time and can help me out, I’d really appreciate it.
Cheers