OnUserScrolled - Scroll Box release event

Hi,

I’ve been trying to find a way to detect when the user stop scrolling a scroll box. The only event that exists currently is the OnUserScrolled event, but there’s no event to check when the scrolling has stopped. I’ve searched the forums and on the net, and the only relevant results are the following: Search Epic Developer Community.

The closest solution that I have found is this one: UMG vs. Slate: How to Extend and Expose Widgets for Designers

Unfortunately, some of the code in this example is deprecated (SLATE_SUPPORTS_SLOT has been replaced by SLATE_SLOT_ARGUMENT).

The issue that I am facing is that I don’t know what to pass exactly to the SLATE_SLOT_ARGUMENT macro as the second parameter (and why). The documentation is not really helpful: Slots | Unreal Engine Documentation

Having a built-in event for End of Scroll should probably be a standard functionality imo, but until then, I’d like to find a way to make this example code (Bringing it all together: Extending widget classes for designers) compile in 5.3 so that I can study it and better understand how it works. Basically, I want to know when a user is not scrolling anymore (stopping interacting with a scroll box), and not only when he reaches the bottom or the top of a scrolling box. My end goal is to display the scroll bar only when the user is scrolling, and when he’s not scrolling, I want to make the scroll bar disappear. I can easily make the scroll bar appear when the user is scrolling, but currently, I don’t have any way to know when he has stopped scrolling. E.g. This kind of behaviour for the visibility of the scroll bar is common on modern UIs, especially on Smartphones (where it’s only visible while a scroll operation is performed).

Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!