Only some blender materials stay when importing to UE5

so i work with blenderkit (add-on) in blender, and want to import the models (+materials&textures) to UE5. what i want is a seemless transition between blender and UE5, without me having to tweak any of the materials. still cant find the solution after watching 20+ tutorials. below, i have my blender chair on the top left, my blender fbx export settings below, a windows fbx viewer of the file at the bottom, the unreal engine imported chair on the right above, and the unreal engine import settings on the right bottom side.

for some reason, only some materials transfer correctly from blender to UE5. but why?
some help would be sooo greatly appreciated :)))

Try this

1 Like

Dear @ClockworkOcean , thank you for taking the time to respond, helps me a lot.

The plugin works, but not perfectly. it still only imports some materials, and not all.

Do you have another solotion?

Would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

That’s it, I’m afraid. It’s very new, so I assume it will improve.

IMPORTANT: TEXTURES NEED TO BE PLUGGED IN PRINCIPLED SHADER DIRECTLY FOR BLENDER TO EXPORT THEM INTO UNREAL 5.

currently still looking for a way to copy a whole blender node tree and paste it into ue5 node setup

I imagine you may have found these answers already (or better ones), but two things I haven’t seen mentioned in this post and the one that brought me to this post are;

1. A lot of models have their image textures packed into the .blend file. Go through each shader/material and unpack before exporting so that the image files copy over.

Screenshot 2023-01-28 181334

1. If it’s a procedural texture, you’re going to have to bake the material first in order to generate texture maps. This is something I’m still working on understanding.

I hope that helps! Cheers!

2 Likes