Only Down

Hello! I wanted to share my first official release in UEFN: Only Down 3827-4593-4875

Add to your playlist here

Its a very simple Parkour FFA. You just jump down.

Like many of you, I was working on a much larger concept that could take me months to even a year. I wanted to get a taste of the whole release process and what would be required to get the correct art, video, etc. I also wanted to practice not overthinking. So I made this game within 3-4 days or so and TRIED my BEST to keep it simple lool.

On my larger project, I am going to need to implement Verse for some custom UI features (e.g. possibly a health indicator top right ?) and I found that my landscaping skills were not as amazing as I have seen. I was finding it challenging working around the limitations within UEFN (e.g. Memory limits, 100 player limits) while also being appreciative of what’s possible (which still blows my mind). Basically, I’ve gotten stuck a couple times so far, and this was a nice refresher for me and a perspective on how long the journey is for the main projects. Although the path feels more promising now with this 3-4 day sprint of learning.

If anyone feels similar (like you’re stuck on your main project), I would encourage you to consider creating something like this. It may help you see things differently and garner a new perspective on how much time and effort you should be putting in daily. Whether more or less, whatever’s best for you as a person, I would say.

Okay spiel over hahaha. I’d love to get to know y’all and share knowledge and connect (e.g. I found out how to loop different songs on the radio! Thanks to this project. heres the pic of how i set it up):

I’ve been having a blast with UEFN. it’s like a dream come true for me (for an upcoming game i thought i’d never be able to make). A lot of dopamine and a lot of hair pulling lool.

Well hope you enjoy and let me know what you think.

(All music was made by me. I am primarily a musician. And these are a couple older songs haha. ^^)

My music, if interested

Added a couple updates already (Should be pushed soon):

• Increased brightness 10%
  • Added an NPC to explain a game mechanic
  • Collectibles now give gold
  • Need 1000 Gold to beat the round !